林葆靈《冬之夜曲》美國首次個展|Winter Nocturne: Lin Bao-Ling’s First Solo Exhibition in the United States
Exhibition Information
Winter Nocturne
Solo Exhibition by Lin Bao-Ling
March 18–23, 2011
Opening ReceptionMarch 19, 7:00 PM
👉View the Works online
Special Thanks to:
Freeman Foundation
-
My First Solo Exhibition in the United States
同樣地,有好多朋友幫忙,遇到困難大家會幫忙想辦法,沮喪壓力大的時候有人打氣,真的很感謝。
這裡總有著50-70位左右藝術家,有人形容這就像是大人的美術夏令營,算是滿貼切的形容吧。這裡讓我想起在LASALLE College of the Arts的日子,一群有著相似熱情與目標的朋友日夜混在一起。
This is my 6th solo exhibition, and also my first solo exhibition in the United States, showing the work I made during about a month and a half at Vermont Studio Center.
Once again, so many friends helped me. When I ran into difficulties, everyone pitched in to help find solutions. When I felt discouraged or stressed, there was always someone to cheer me on. I’m really grateful.
There are usually around 50-70 artists here at any given time. Someone once described it as summer camp for grown-ups, and that feels pretty accurate. It reminds me of my days at LASALLE College of the Arts — a group of people with similar passions and goals, living and working side by side day and night.
Vermont Studio Center,Red Mill Gallery
在駐村期間,我結識了長期在米蘭生活與創作的日本藝術家廣瀨智央(Satoshi Hirose)。他敏銳的觀察與慷慨的鼓勵,給我留下了深刻的印象。後來,他對我的畫作做了以下了這段評論:
葆靈的繪畫是寧靜的。此外,在你的作品中,最令我感興趣的,是你在同一幅畫中同時展現了大膽、具戲劇性的構圖,與極其細膩的細節描繪。這是一種迷人的繪畫,在抽象與具象的交界處,充盈著兩者交融的氛圍。換句話說,這可以稱之為『身心的共融共存』。無論如何,這都是極具感官與情感溫度的繪畫。
During the residency, I met Japanese artist Satoshi Hirose, who has long lived and worked in Milan. His thoughtful observations and generous encouragement left a lasting impression on me. He later wrote the following comments about my paintings:
Bao Ling's painting is tranquil. Moreover, what interests me even more in your works is your dramatic, daring composition and detailed description in the same painting. It is a fascinating painting with a boundary infused with the atmosphere of both abstract and figurative. We can say "coexistence of mind and body" in other words. Anyway, it is sensual painting.
Satoshi Hirose長住米蘭,頗有名氣,不管是他本人還是其作品都很有趣 :) 他懂得很多,教了我很多事。每個朋友都很酷,有著各自的長處與個性,有很多值得學習的東西。而我,就像是個什麼都不懂的孩子。
Satoshi Hirose has lived in Milan for a long time and is fairly well-known. Both he and his work are really interesting :) He knows a lot, and taught me a lot. Every friend there was cool, each with their own strengths and personality — there was so much to learn from them. And me, I felt like a kid who didn’t know anything.
| Installation view of Winter Nocturne exhibition at Red Mill Gallery, Vermont Studio Center |
| Installation view of Winter Nocturne exhibition at Red Mill Gallery, Vermont Studio Center |
來自不同地方的我們,卻有著很多共同之處:同樣的煩惱,同樣的困惑,同樣的無力,同樣的茫然,同樣的熱情,同樣的快樂傷心。
其實,我們都一樣。
We came from different places, yet we had so much in common: the same worries, the same confusion, the same feelings of helplessness, the same sense of being lost, the same passion, the same joy and sorrow.
In truth, we’re all the same.
| Installation view of Winter Nocturne exhibition at Red Mill Gallery, Vermont Studio Center |
還沒離開,但已覺開始想念。
遇到了很多人,走了很多路,想了很多,聽了不少。矛盾的依然矛盾,困惑的依然困惑。
突然覺得,旅程的結束,大概就像漫畫《蜂蜜幸運草》裡竹本說的一樣:空手而回。
I haven’t even left yet, and I already feel like I’m starting to miss it.
I met so many people, walked so many roads, thought about so much, listened to so much. The things that were conflicted are still conflicted; the things that were confusing are still confusing.
It suddenly occurs to me that the end of this journey is a lot like what Takemoto said in the manga Honey and Clover: coming back empty-handed.
Work in Progress
| Lin Bao-Ling painting in his studio at Vermont Studio Center |
| Lin Bao-Ling‘s studio table at Vermont Studio Center |
特別感謝 Freeman Foundation 提供 Fellowship 獎助,才有這次美國行。